Friday, March 1, 2013

Today I...

...saw an old friend - who brought medicine to my soul.

Jan is going through a tough time in life, but it looks like the worst of it might be behind her now.  I hope.  We haven't seen each other for years - maybe 10?   She was on her way to the East coast to start life over again but didn't want to leave without stopping to say goodbye, and to make SURE I stopped in if I was ever out that way again.

We talked about the present, filled with more pain that she could almost bear.  But we talked alot about the past too - the path that brought us both "here".

I felt so honoured to have been singled out like that in the middle of such pain.  "You were always there for me," she said.  "You never judged.  Such an example of God's love..."

Well, I don't remember it that way - being "such an example of God's love" - but I'm glad she does.  It could only be the love of Jesus shining through...

No comments: