Sunday, July 18, 2010

All for One and One for All!

Today, I...

...stood on the stage at church with Frances and Belinda - Esther was sitting at the piano.  It was the first time we were together again as a worship team in many months.  We used to be all on the same team, with Belinda and I taking turns leading, then things were shuffled up and now we are all on the same team again, only with Frances leading.  There were lots of feelings and adjustments that happened in between those two places as one might imagine, but some  things  never change.

Frances was beset by a number of obstacles this morning and as we strode to the front to pick up our mikes and face the congregation, I laid my hand on her shoulder, and said just loud enough for her to hear, "I'm behind you a thousand percent."  She  turned to say a quick thankyou, but the look in her eyes said much more.  It was clear she felt supported.  

It felt like a little piece of heaven there this morning...  Between we three it doesn't matter who is leading and who isn't.  It's all for one and one for all... 

1 comment:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hi Susan I hear your son David is going to England. If he ? happens to be passing london I would be happy to buy him a coffee and tell him where some cool places to go are :)
U can reach me on friendofbill@fastmail.fm

..saw yr letter posted on another blog :)